The local Jewish communities in Winston- Salem and Greensboro, North Carolina show their southern hospitality to our WFU community everyday. They invite us to all their services and community events.
In addition to all holiday services and celebrations on campus, some students choose the “off-campus” alternatives. Students are invited to attend all local synagogue services for free – our partners only ask that we tell them we are coming due to security and logistic reasons.
Local Synagogues and Temples:
- Temple Emanuel (Reform). Winston-Salem
201 Oakwood Drive, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
email@example.com (include name, email, phone #, and college)
- Beth David Synagogue (Conservative). Greensboro
(28 miles = 37 minutes from campus)
804 Winview Drive, Greensboro NC 27410
- Chabad of Greensboro (Orthodox). Greensboro
(27 miles = 34 minutes from campus).
5203 W. Friendly Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27410. (336) 617-8120
- Temple Emanuel (Reform), Greensboro)
(yes it is the same name as the one in W-S) (30 miles = 34 minutes from campus)
1129 Jefferson Street, Greensboro, NC 27410, (336) 292-7899
Local UJA and Federations:
- Winston-Salem United Jewish Appeal (UJA)
c/o Mike Brenner, 2150 Country Club Road, Suite 222, Winston-Salem, NC 27104
or e-mail Andy Schneider, UJA
- Greensboro Jewish Federation
5509-C West Friendly Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27410
- JCC (There are no JCCs in the Triad area)