The Wake Forest Hillel is pleased to offer the Jewish student-run Chicken Soup Hotline, providing homemade chicken soup delivery to students under the weather i.e. flu, strep throat, viruses or several seasonal colds).
The Chicken Soup Hotline, a student-led volunteer initiative, delivers kosher-style matzah ball soup (vegetarian option available upon request) to sick students, at no cost. If you’re feeling sick, or if you know someone who is feeling sick, you may fill out the form below to place your soup order.
Order & Deliveries:
- Soups will be delivered during the academic year by our student volunteers Monday through Thursday between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Please make sure your soup orders are submitted before 3 p.m. if you’d like the soup to be delivered that evening. Any soup orders submitted after 3 p.m. or during the weekend will be delivered on the next soup delivery evening.
- Our students can only deliver to your soup recipient if they receive a confirmation text of address and delivery time BEFORE 4 p.m. If your soup recipient responds after 4 p.m., their delivery will be made the following day. Please make sure your student’s phone number you’ve listed on your order form is correct!
*If it is not convenient for the soup to be delivered in the evenings, you may make arrangements to pick up the soup at Hillel from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday to Thursday.
PLEASE NOTE – We are NOT able to deliver the following days/times:
- Friday – Sunday
- Jewish, Secular, or University holidays
- Fall, Winter & Spring Break
- Thanksgiving Break
- During the summer months
Would you like to volunteer with the Chicken Soup Hotline?
If you would like to volunteer to deliver soup, please call (336) 758-4056 or email email@example.com.
Note: This complimentary service is offered to sick Wake Forest students only. Requests can be made by a parent or a friend for the student. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.